Unit: (90 DAYS out)
Contact Range Control Scheduling via email with logistical & training requirements.
Include: arrival date-departure date, range requirements, total personnel expected to attend using the request form.
- Specify dates for live fire ranges to include night fire dates (if needed)
- ADVON arrival date
- Identify if PYRO tracers or smoke will be used.
Range Control Scheduling: Will issue the unit an **RCNI from RFMSS if the dates are available (https://ngtx-rfmss.ngb.army.mil/texas/pages/login.aspx)
** Do not assume that you have a reservation until you receive an RCNI number from Range operations.
Unit: (45 days out)
Draft your risk assessment & RSO/OIC memorandum and submit to range control. Contact Range Control, housing, and ammo handlers and identify the following:
o Range Control: Turn in your unit memo and DD2977 for a RSO/OIC safety brief class date.
o Housing: Schedule a draw date and time, to walk through your assigned billets.
o Ammo: Before picking up ammo at Camp Swift please confirm the following:
- Re-check your TAMIS request or contact USPFO directly at 512-782-5001 **7825180 (SFC Garcia Higinio) to confirm status of document clearance.
- Schedule a draw time/ turn in time via email with firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Unit will have a licensed driver and alternate driver to pick up ammo. They must be hazmat certified (ammo 67 & 45). ** see 49 CFR172 and AR600-55.
- The ammunition and explosive handler must be certified within 2 years
- Off post ammunition requires inspection, please contact Range Control.
Simulator class: EST II (Engagement Skills Trainer)
- EST operators must attend an EST class given by Rich Rosa
- Certificates will be submitted to Range Control in order to draw the EST II keys and building
- No exceptions!
Camp Swift EST II is a two, 10 lane system.
- Light side – M4/16, M9, M320, M4/320, and M1200 Shotgun
- Heavy side – MK-19, M2, M240, M249, AT-4
- New army IWQ can be run on both sides
- NO live weapons are allowed in the EST II building
- Units must coordinate with Range Control, prior to unit arrival, to draw keys
EST II instructors
- Rich Rosa – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior TADSS instructor
- ARNG/TRS RVTP TX/OK Region
- The Tolliver Group INC.
- C: 256-529-0064
- Charles Macalik – email@example.com
***Range operations issues keys for ranges/TA’s, schedules units, conducts RSO/OIC briefs, OPRA briefs, inspects ranges, inspects risk assessments, inspects OIC/RSO memorandums.