The Texas Military Department Hall of Honor was established in 1981 as a means of recognizing outstanding service and leadership of individuals while serving as members of the Texas Military Department (TMD) in a state or federal status. Please help us honor our trailblazers by submitting nominations for induction.
The criteria for nominees are as follows:
- Any former member of the TMD, civilian or military, living or deceased
- Former military nominees must have received an honorable discharge
- Both civilian and former military nominees must have retired or left the ranks of the TMD at least three (3) years prior to the nomination date
- The service(s) or deed(s) of the nominated individual must have been of such magnitude to reflect great credit upon the TMD. Nominees must have made an extraordinary and positive difference in the continual transformation of the Texas Military, changing the outlook and focus of the organization and/or shaping the organizational environment for the future
- The service(s) or deed(s) of the nominee must have been performed while serving in or employed by the TMD
Nomination packets must be submitted no later than 1 March 2017 to the Texas Military Department Hall of Honor Committee (NGTX-CDS), at P.O. Box 5218, Austin, TX 78763-5218 or online at the link below and must include all of the following:
- A typed narrative summary of the nominee's achievements and contributions (see recommended format enclosed)
- A completed TMD Hall of Honor Nomination Submission Form
- 8x10 photograph - will be used for display if needed.
Inductees will be selected from all nominations by the Texas Military Department Hall of Honor Committee and notifications will be sent 30 days prior to the induction ceremony.
Narratives may not exceed five (5) pages total, excluding discharge papers for other supporting documentation. Narratives will cover the nominee's actions/achievements and how they enhanced the image of the TMD. Because the narrative will be used as part of the enshrinement into the Hall of Honor, special attention should be given to providing a thorough and well-written nomination narrative.
2017 TMD Hall of Honor Call for Nominations
2017 TMD Hall of Honor Example Nomination Form
2017 TMD Hall of Honor Nomination Submission Form
**SUBMIT NOMINATIONS ONLINE HERE**