Click to read the new CA policy here
CA provides up to $4,000/per FY to complete as many credentials as desired.
Soldiers may use both Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) and Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed $4,000 per FY.
CA can be used for any credential listed on Army COOL: https://www.cool.osd.mil/.
CA will pay expenses for classroom, hands-on, online/blended training and associated materials to include: manuals, study guides, textbooks, processing fees, test fees, related fees for continuing education requirements, and recertification of credentials.
Soldiers may request reimbursement from VA using their GI Bill benefits to pay for exams only. o Important! Soldiers may only request reimbursement from VA if CA is not used to pay for the exam. The combined use of CA and VA benefits to pay for an exam is a duplication of benefits and is subject to recoupment.
Credentialing Assistance provides funding for courses, training and/or exams leading to an industry-recognized academic or vocational credential.
- Soldiers may combine Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) and Army Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed $4000 per Fiscal Year (FY).
- Credentialing Assistance is not authorized for mandated MOS related credentials.
- Credentialing Assistance will pay for credentialing (certification and recertification) related expense such as:
- Study guides
- Processing Fees
- Exam fees
Army eLearning: Use Army eLearning and Save Money
Army eLearning offers over 3,500 web-based courses in Information Technology, Business, Leadership and Personal Development to include many of the credentials offered for the Limited User Test (LUT). Visit Army eLearning and download your study guide at no charge then use Credentialing Assistance to pay for your exam! Army eLearning Courses:
- Six Sigma Green, Black, and Yellow Certification
- Project Management (CAPM and PMP)
- Human Resource Certifications (PHR, SPHR, SHRM)
- COMP TIA, ADOBE, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Cisco
- Free Test Prep
- and More!
Download Army eLearning Instructions
All Credentialing Assistance (CA) requests are processed through GoArmyEd (GAE). You may setup or update your GoArmyEd account from any internet ready computer (Common Access Card not required). Follow step (2) below to create your GoArmyEd Account.
Step 1 : Request a counseling appointment (phone/in-person) with a TXARNG Education Counselor
Schedule an appointment (telephone or in-person) with a TXARNG Education Counselor: IAW with the CA policy, an Army Education Counselor with assist you with developing a credentialing plan and review your application packet before submission. Request Appointment: email@example.com
Step 2: Set-up GoArmyEd Account at www.goarmyed.com
- Log in to www.GoArmyEd.com using your username and password or your Common Access Card (CAC)
- Select “Create/Activate Account”
- Complete the required information
- Select the “Request TA Access” smart link; GAE will perform an automatic verification of FTA eligibility
- View the “Welcome to VIA” video
- Select a career goal
- Select the Credentialing Assistance Degree Plan: "Credential School”
- Select the Credentialing Assistance Home School: "Credentialing Pathway"
- Submit the request for approval; an Army Education Counselor will activate your FTA-eligible access to GoArmyEd
- A counselor will email you when your request has been approved and you are eligible to request CA
Download instructions on how to select the CA homeschool and degree plan in GoArmyEd
Step 3: Download your Credentialing Assistance application forms (CA main page)
Tip: Is your GoArmyEd account on hold? Visit the GoArmyEd Assistance Center for steps on how to resolve your hold.
Q: When can I start applying for the Credentialing Assistance Program?
A: TXARNG Soldiers may begin submitting CA applications in October 2018.
Q: Will I incur an Active Duty or Reserve Duty Service Obligation (ADSO/RDS)?
A: Officers will incur 2/4 year service obligation (SO) depending on status; will not incur SO for testing/ recertification
Q: I am currently using Federal TA (FTA). May I combine Federal TA and CA?
A: Yes. Soldiers are authorized to combine FTA and CA not to exceed $4000/FY for combined use.
Q: Does Federal TA pay for books and fees since Credentialing Assistance pays for books and fees?
A: No. Under current policy, Federal TA may only be used toward tuition (no fees/books). Credentialing Assistance may be used toward the cost of the credentialing courses, exams, and credentialing related books, fees, study guides, etc.