Vaccines are among the most important accomplishments in medicine. They have saved more lives around the world than any other medical invention, including antibiotics or surgery. Vaccines help provide a safe and effective means of countering the threats to personal health and military readiness. Taking the COVID-19 vaccine helps protect yourself, your community, and the nation.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is caused by a novel coronavirus first identified in December 2019, that has since spread around the world. Although most people who have COVID-19 have mild symptoms, COVID-19 can also cause severe illness and even death. Some groups, including older adults and people who have certain underlying medical conditions, are at increased risk of severe illness or death. The U.S. effort to develop COVID-19 vaccines, called Operation Warp Speed, aims to deliver safe and effective vaccines with the first supply expected to become available before the end of 2020. Supplies will increase over time, and all adults should be able to get vaccinated later in 2021. A COVID-19 vaccine for children may not be available until more study data are completed.
Texas Medical Readiness Detachment Soldier Medical Readiness Centers (SMRCs) will offer Scheduled COVID-19 Vaccination Services on Wednesdays. Eligible personnel can contact the nearest SMRC and schedule their vaccination appointment.
WHEN: Each Wednesday between 1100-1900 hrs, Beginning 28 April 2021
Camp Mabry, SFC Liz Alderman, (512) 782-5970 (Pfizer Vaccine)
Grand Prairie, SSG Zachary Garrett (512) 782-5001, 735-4511 (Moderna Vaccine)
Ellington Field, SSG Megan Vasichko (512) 782-5001, 789-4113 (Moderna Vaccine)
510 Ellington Field, BLDG 1182, RM 105, Houston, TX 77034
Camp Bullis, SSG Rolando Rodriguezibanez (512) 782-5001, ext. 7854401 (Moderna Vaccine)
WHY: Texas Medical Readiness Detachment provides the following services at these SMRCs:
- Scheduled COVID-19 vaccinations for TMD Personnel and eligible dependents
- All appointments must be scheduled to ensure appropriate number of vaccines are available and to prevent wastage of these critically scarce vaccine dose.
- Vaccines will only be administered on Wednesdays
- Appointments will include 1st and 2nd dose vaccinations
- Camp Mabry will offer only Pfizer vaccines
- Grand Prairie, Ellington Field, and Camp Bullis will offer only Moderna vaccines.
- SMRCs will not offer other medical readiness services on Wednesdays during Vaccine distribution hours.
Covid 19 Vaccine Document.
For more medical information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit: