The Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) database and the Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) client application were developed to provide a means of gathering and storing personnel and benefits eligibility information for Department of Defense (DoD) employees and dependents including military members, civilian employees, contractors, and more.

ID Card Facilities Assist With:

Common Access Card (CAC)

  • To be issued a CAC: you are required to provide 2 forms of valid identification. For a list of acceptable identification go to www.cac.mil 
    • A CAC will be replaced if it is expiring within 90 days; you have been promoted to the rank of E5 or higher, or our VO/SSM deems it necessary to be replaced. 
  • If your CAC was lost or stolen: you are required to bring in a (hard) copy of a counseling statement from an E7 or higher within your chain of command, regardless of your rank or position.

ID Card Issuance

All dependents being issued an ID card must be present and have:

  1. 2 forms of valid identification, one must be a photo. Identification must be current and cannot be expired. 
  2. The sponsor must be present to sign the required DD Form 1172-2.
    • OR have the sponsor digitally authorize/sign the DD Form 1172-2 online at  www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service
    • OR present an original hard copy of DD Form 1172-2, signed by the sponsor and a notary public
    • OR present a current Power of Attorney giving you rights for DEERS transactions
    • Please note that the DD Form 1172-2 is only valid for 90 days from the date it was signed by the sponsor

DEERS Enrollment of Spouse (sponsor needs to be present):

  1. Spouse's photo ID
  2. Birth certificate and or passport
  3. Social security card
  4. Marriage license

* If you're using foreign documents, they must be translated into English, certified, and notarized. 

DEERS Enrollment of Children (sponsor needs to be present):

  1. Birth certificate or "verification of birth" from the hospital if 30 days or less from date of birth. 
  2. Social security card

* All step-children require the above documents, plus the original or certified copy of the marriage license. 

DEERS/ID Card Locations

Austin (Camp Mabry)
2200 W 35th St. Austin Tx, 78703
512-782-6841 (Opt. 1)

Open Monday to Friday, 0800-1600

Houston (Rankin)
900 W. Rankin Rd. Houston Tx, 77067
281-874-6882 (Opt. 1)

301 E. Regis St. Lubbock Tx, 79403
806-765-6881 (Ext. 7)

Fort Worth
5104 Sandage Ave. Fort Worth, 76115
817-921-5490 (Ext. 732-4111)

5601 FM 45 S. Brownwood Tx, 76801
325-646-0159 (Opt. 6)



NOTE: DEERS & ID Card locations are no longer able to update orders. DMDC Has implemented a RAPIDS lockdown, requiring Units to input all orders in order for DEERS entitlements to be updated.

Service members can update their information and beneficiaries online at DMDC.

Find a RAPIDS/ID Card Facility near you.

DoD DEERS Enrollment and ID Card Issuance Requirements

DoD List of Acceptable Documents

Provide Customer Feedback here.

Online Uniform Services Identification (USID)