Additional Information On Deadlines
1. Application Form.There are 2 submission deadlines for an STA application form each semester:
a) The Primary deadlines:
- Applications received by the primary deadline are eligible for the standard award up to 6 credits of tuition and mandatory fees, not to exceed $2,250.
- Additionally, the applicant qualifies for priority consideration to be exempt from the 6 credit award limit, which could mean a final award amount of up to the equivalent of 12 credit hours of tuition and mandatory fees, not to exceed $4,500.
b) The Extended deadline:
- This is an automatic extension allowing applicants unable to meet the Primary deadline to submit an application for State TA
- No special request is needed for this extension
- Applications received by this deadline will still be eligible to receive the standard 6 credit award, but will have a lower priority for consideration for a larger award amount
- Forms received after this deadline will go on a Wait List and are likely to NOT receive a tuition award.
c) All awards are subject to availability of funds, regardless of how early the application is submitted. Specific award amounts are not guaranteed.
Note: Submitting a combined Fall/Spring application form for both semesters prior to the Fall deadline will also count as meeting the Spring deadline. No need to apply again for Spring if attending the same school both semesters.
Supporting Documents Deadline
- Deadline for additional & supporting documentation (fee statement,financial aid awards, FTA approval, VA Certificate of Eligibility and schedule)
- Missing this deadline or failing to submit the proper supporting documents will be considered when determining the final award amount and can be cause for denial of a tuition award for the semester.
- If submitting a combined Fall/Spring application form, supporting documents must still be submitted for each Fall and Spring semester.
Official Transcript Deadline
- Missing this deadline or failing to submit an official transcript will be considered when determining the final award amount and can be cause for denial of a tuition award for the semester.
- This deadline may be extended for extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis with prior approval by the State Tuition Assistance office
- Approval for late submissions are granted for circumstances outside of a student’s control preventing the submission of an official transcript by the deadline
- If submitting a combined Fall/Spring application form, an official transcript must still be submitted for each Fall and Spring semester